VMware Horizon Community
Lubbe176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mouse cursor seems offset in View 4.6 using PCOIP

Hi all,

Not everytime but often, when a user logs in using a zero client, the mouse cursor seems offset.

By offset i mean that the mousecursor will be over 1 icon and approx 2 icons to the right is selected/active.

I hope its clear what i am trying to say here Smiley Happy

We are using Windows 7 EE 32Bit on a View 4.6 enviroment and bot the Wyse P20 and Samsung NC220 zero clients show this problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Regards,

Parick

0 Kudos
14 Replies
psplnalin123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1.  Is this problem with zero client only  or have you checked with Thick Client.?

2.  Thin Client firmware is up to date ?

3.  Zero Client is a latest version  ?

4.  Check different Mouse and Monitor ( this one look like not logical but try because i

have faced another problem with k/b not with mouse after changing k/b it was working fine)

0 Kudos
Lubbe176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

First, thanks for the quick reply!

I forgot to mention that the problem only exists in PCOIP and not in RDP

1.  Is this problem with zero client only  or have you checked with Thick Client.?

- I have been told by my collegue that this problem has also appeared on Thick Clients using PCOIP (havent experienced it myself)

2.  Thin Client firmware is up to date ?

-It are zero clients and they are on 3.5.0 now, problem exists in 3.2.x all the way to 3.5.0

3.  Zero Client is a latest version  ?

- As stated in 2, the firmware is completely up to date.

4.  Check different Mouse and Monitor ( this one look like not logical but try because i have faced another problem with k/b not with mouse after changing k/b it was working fine)

- Unfortunately this didnt fix anything, i even tried PS2 vs USB switching.

0 Kudos
TravisT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting. I just upgraded all of our Desktops to 4.6 agent and ran into this issue on one of my desktops. A reboot fixed his problem and hasn't had it reoccur since. Also, not sure if it matters, but this user also had dual monitors, running windows 7, on a Wyse P20.

-- Travis

0 Kudos
Lubbe176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Disconnecting the powersupply from the Zero client often fixes the issue here to, but then it returns randomly a day or longer later.

0 Kudos
williamsfudge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am having the same problem...

Have you filed a support ticket with vmware or Teradici?

VCP on vSphere 4
0 Kudos
Lubbe176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I havent yet, have you?

0 Kudos
williamsfudge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No, but I am now! I'll post any results here.

VCP on vSphere 4
0 Kudos
Lubbe176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Excellent! Thanks.

0 Kudos
trb48
Contributor
Contributor

I actually contacted Teradici about this issue last year and they told me that it was a VMWare problem. They said that VMWare knew about the issue but if I wanted to get it fixed I should contact them.

It appears to be a hardware issue if you ask me. I have noticed that even if you manage to log off the virtual desktop it will happen again. If you restart the zero client things seem to work better.

0 Kudos
Lubbe176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, but my collegue  just confirmed that he also experienced this issue when using the View Client from a PC.

0 Kudos
Lubbe176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This seems to be a resolution changing issue. When wiggling the mouse @ session start, the issue doesnt occur :-s

0 Kudos
trb48
Contributor
Contributor

The problems on our campus just kept getting worse and worse. It seemed that no matter what I did fixed the mouse cursor problems. I finally decided to call VMWare Tech Support and presented the case to them. They told me to uninstall the View Agent and the VMWare Tools. After that I needed reboot the VM. Finally they told me to reinstall VMWare Tools and then the View Agent. That did the trick. After we rebuilt the computers (for most them I had to delete the virtual desktop and let it be re-created).

Lubbe176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I completely rebuilt the image and that didnt fix anything Smiley Sad

But ill give it a go.

0 Kudos
bowtie43
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same problem.  I did a print screen of one that had the problem.  I pasted this in Paint and it showed an extra monitor off to the right side.  We are using Windows 7 and I could press "Win+P" and select "Computer Only".  This reset the resolution to fit the screen.

One thing I did that seemed to help was to go into the View Administrator and change a setting under "Pool Settings" under each pool.  I changed the max number of monitors to 1.  I haven't really seen the problem since.  The screen still flickers a bit at login, but it works after that.

This has happened on our Samsung NC240s and 190s, but not our computers using the View client.

0 Kudos