VMware Horizon Community
ixoni
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse Latency View 5.1

We have been testing view for a few weeks now and the only real issue is mouse latency. It is most pronounced when dragging windows around the screen or using a tool like Snagit to capture an image. It makes it impossible to move things around with any accuracy.

We are running dual monitors and in the pool setting have selected 4 monitors to maximize the video ram.

We are on a gigabit lan. From what I have learned so far about pcoip we checked the server log for RTO and LOSS. Our RTO is around 100 and we show 0% Loss, which I understand is optimal. Are there some other pcoip factors to check that would be related to mouse latency?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

There are a few things that could be related to this, can I ask what client you are testing from, what OS you are running in the guest and what hardware version the guest have?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ixoni
Contributor
Contributor

We are running vmware client 5.0-1.4.0 on HP t5565z thin client. The OS is WIndows 7 SP1. The VM Version is 8.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Do you see issue when moving between multiple monitor here is KB

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=201035...

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
ixoni
Contributor
Contributor

We are using duel monitors but the latency was just as bad on one monitor as it was going between them. however we found that KB yesterday and tried it and it helped a lot. I can live with it now. Should I expect with View that there will always be some latency?

Thanks

0 Kudos