VMware Horizon Community
allupinyourdc
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse Issue on View Client 1.3 Tech Preview

I may have discovered a bug.  I haven't experienced this with any other applications on my mac thus far that use lion full screen mode.

Using the new Mac View Client 1.3 Tech Preview in Lion (using the full screen funcitionality in the top right corner) I move it between my Fusion window and my Safari window (all using native full screen).  It seems as though if you 4 finger swipe (to change full screen applications) and pause just long enough for the cursor to change to for the View Client window, but don't actually click into the window and then switch over to another full screen app the cursor jumps back and forth sporadically (most notibilty happens in Fusion, seems to happen in safari around links and text boxes).  The only way to get the cursor to start behaving correctly again is to switch to a "native" desktop and click on something, close the application, or sometimes switching to the view client window and back again works.

This doesn't seem to be 100% consistent as it doesn't happen every single time, but it happens quite often.

After addtional testing it seems that you have to put the view app in full screen mode for this to happen, but once it's been in full screen mode once, it will always do it (even when normal window mode) until you end the session and program.

Hope I've provided enough information and testing to help pinpoint, if I can help any futher please let me know.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nobleone
Contributor
Contributor

I see a similar issue when using spaces. If I'm in full screen mode on the View session and transfer to another desktop and then right click on that desktop, then the View session also gets the right click.

0 Kudos
samerg
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I can confirm the same behaviour in my environment. Looks like it is reproducable.

0 Kudos
jpollone
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I just downloaded the new 1.4 release and I still witness this issue.  Please let me know if you need more information.  The work-around is to not work in Lion full-screen mode, but to enlarge the viewing area and swap windows using Mission Control three-finger swipe up.

0 Kudos