VMware Horizon Community
chicojr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Monitor Vmware Horizon 7

Seeing if anyone know of a way rather than logging into our Dashboard all the time to get any kind of monitoring, and health reports from this environment?

Solarwinds?

Splunk?

Within the application itself?

Seems like out of the box vmware horizon 7 you have to log in to see all the events and dashboards. But when something goes kaput in the night I'm not seeing anyway to be proactive?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

We are monitoring our Horizon environment with PRTG, using powershell scripts to retrieve data from Horizon and present it to PRTG (some scripts are available on https://itpro.peene.be)

You might also want to take a look at the Horizon Reach fling (https://flings.vmware.com/horizon-reach). Using this tool gives you a interesting insight into your Horizon environment and you can also configure smtp alerts on it. (Be sure to check the notes on a possible patch for your horizon version if you're using a large environment.)

Regards.

Michiel.

Regards, Michiel.
0 Kudos
chicojr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Michiel,

is this tool free? can I load it on a windows 10 workstation?

0 Kudos
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

we are using solarwinds to monitor view stack.

But I have similar requirements e.g. to check if the pool is full or the user is getting error e.g. desktop is unavailable.

These things are logged into monitoring /event tab in admin portal but these do not come into solarwinds.

There is no way to get this event using solarwinds.

I do not think PRTG can help as it is limit of view stack.

I have to try horizon-reach Thanks Mickeybyte

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Horizon reach is the only real free "tool' thats there that may help, but for "Free" powershell scripts are you friend but thats a bit of work.

0 Kudos
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The Horizon Reach fling is indeed freely available. You can install it on any Windows 10 of server 2016+ (i think, check the requirements to be sure). it installs a service and you can reach the information using your webbrowser.

Regards, Michiel.
0 Kudos