VMware Horizon Community
wallaceb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mixing GRID cards in a desktop pool

Hi,

We are looking to expand our Autodesk desktop pool to have another server. Our current setup has GRID K1 cards which are no longer available. I know that you cannot mix different cards in a server but is that OK to do in a desktop pool? I know you would only have one video card profile to choose from so I would want to match up the video RAM to be the same as on the other servers as best I can. We use instant clones that are reset on log off and it would be preferable to have all the servers together in one pool but I suppose making a new pool for the one server would be OK.

Thanks,

Wallace

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You cannot mix grid cards in a desktop pool. You define the profile on the parent VM/Gold Image. The GRID Virtual GPU profiles are different between the K cards and the M cards. If the profile isn't available the VM won't power on. We deployed a second pool just for the M60 profile.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You cannot mix grid cards in a desktop pool. You define the profile on the parent VM/Gold Image. The GRID Virtual GPU profiles are different between the K cards and the M cards. If the profile isn't available the VM won't power on. We deployed a second pool just for the M60 profile.

0 Kudos