VMware Horizon Community
Manjari
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Migrating users from one pool to another

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any references, and my colleagues and I are coming up empty in other searches. We have a Composer pool with about 20 users who were piloting the project for us. We've moved ahead into production, and we'd like to move these users into a production pool, but they've been using their VDI systems as primaries and we'd like to be able to maintain their user disks and profile data. Is there any way to reassign a user from one pool to another without losing the user data disk associated with a VM in the original pool? If not, any recommendations on the most seamless way to do this for the users? Many thanks in advance!

Manjari

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eeg3
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

View 4.5 is now released, and the ability to do what mittim12 said is now a reality. The interface is very intuitive, and does exactly what you need. You had the problem at a good time, it seems!

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Manjari
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Still looking for some input on this quandary. Anyone out there have suggestions?

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; you're my only hope. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Once 4.5 is released you should have the ability to detach a UserDataDisk and attach it to a different VM. Until then you would have to move it through vCenter and then try to update the ADAM database. Given that 4.5 is going to be released really soon I would hold off and see if that will solve your issue.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

eeg3
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

View 4.5 is now released, and the ability to do what mittim12 said is now a reality. The interface is very intuitive, and does exactly what you need. You had the problem at a good time, it seems!

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos
Manjari
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks so much, guys! I'll let our management know that we can do this once we upgrade (which hopefully won't take too long, heh). Good to know! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos