VMware Horizon Community
JLogan3o13
Contributor
Contributor

Migrating a static VM between environments

I have two View environments set up, different versions (5.1.2 and 5.3.0). The old environment housed our XP machines, while the new all of our Windows 7 machines. I am looking, now that we have done away with the XP pools, to delete this environment altogether and get it upgraded. However, another admin created a single, static Windows 7 Developer Workstation in the old environment by mistake. The machine has since been heavily configured, and has a number of snapshots for different development activities. I am wondering if there is an easy way to migrate this machine from the old environment to the new, rather than having to try to recreate it from scratch.

I should add, not sure if I should be posting here or if another forum (vSphere?) would be more appropriate.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I believe when you say static machine you mean this machine is added in a Manual Pool ??

If yes then remove the machine from admin page and choose the option do not delete upgrade the agent and add it to a manual pool in new environment.

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos