VMware Horizon Community
JohnnyBravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Migrating User Profiles

Hi Guys,

I wanted to hear of experiences or opinions on the best methods from moving from local Windows XP (v1) profiles to Windows 7 with persona managment. Ie View Persona Management, AppSense, ProfileUnity etc.

My perferred method would be to View Persona Managment but I am aware they dont migrate from v1 to v2 profiles too well. Also there is the added complexity that my users (approx 1000) are using local profiles at the moment. We are keen to give them personalisation as part of this Windows 7 / VMware View project but we are not sure on the best method other than having each user configure their profile from fresh.

Any comments or thoughts welcome.

JB

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Is this a one-time migration or do they need to roam the profile between XP an W7?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JohnnyBravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This will be a one off migration. Once Windows 7 comes in that is all the users will use. Remote users etc will have laptops which I understand will cause complications if we wish to use view persona management with. At this point in time using a constant profile between physical and virtual desktops is not priority but I would like to know of my options if/when this arises also.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JohnnyBravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

0 Kudos