VMware Horizon Community
JohnHStewart
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Migrate to new Datacenter

Hi All

I would like to migrate a View environment to a new datacenter in a different physical location.

I would like to keep the original ip addresses and FQDNs.

Is there any best practice methods for this type of migration?

I have two connection brokers, composer, security server, 160 linked clones with persistent disks.

We don't have a fibre connection between the sites so can't perform a rebalance.

There will be a cut-over on the final weekend.

Regards

John

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
douglasarcidino
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You could use something like veeam of vSphere replication to copy the VMs to the other site and then just turn the old ones off and the new ones on. Your biggest issue will be the hosts changing. Only other option might be to physically move the old hardware to the new site. The persistent disks will be a pain. I wish I had more helpful answers for you.

If you found this reply helpful, please mark as answer VCP-DCV 4/5/6 VCP-DTM 5/6

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
douglasarcidino
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You could use something like veeam of vSphere replication to copy the VMs to the other site and then just turn the old ones off and the new ones on. Your biggest issue will be the hosts changing. Only other option might be to physically move the old hardware to the new site. The persistent disks will be a pain. I wish I had more helpful answers for you.

If you found this reply helpful, please mark as answer VCP-DCV 4/5/6 VCP-DTM 5/6
0 Kudos
JohnHStewart
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your response Douglas.

In the end we decided to build up a new View environment.

Thanks again

John

0 Kudos