VMware Horizon Community
BenjaminCe
Contributor
Contributor

Migrate from Persistent Disk towards FSLogix Containers

Hi,

We're planning to introduce FSLogix containers in our Horizon v7.11 environment.

We're currenlty using Linked Clones with persistent disks which includes the profile data.

Is there a way to migrate the profile data somehow to the new FS Logix Container?

We want to retain all profile data, like favourites, desktop items, ...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JanTrautmann
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

have a look on this

FSLogix Local Profiles Migration Script » Citrixirc.com maybe it helps you.

i personally wouldnt do that, i would use UEM for the migration then you are sure that no garbage is copied over.

0 Kudos
JanTrautmann
Contributor
Contributor

I saw now that there is an official microsoft docu for it :

How to manually copy an existing user profile into an FSLogix profile container

vjwebb3
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same environment.  Linked clones with persistent disks.  We too are looking to move to FSLogix Containers.

Right now, we occasionally have strange issues when we recompose after a windows update.   Things like the calculator app not existing for users anymore - not all users, just some.

When I opened a ticket with VMWare they said the solution was to create a new profile for the user.   That's fine if it's one or two people, but not a good long term solution.

So I am curious if anyone is successfully using FSLogix containers with linked clone pools and if all windows store apps still work after an update and recompose. 

0 Kudos
chrisdhalstead
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We are working on guidance on doing this that will come out around the GA of Horizon 8 on VMware | Digital Workspace Tech Zone

Chris Halstead
Senior Staff Architect, EUC Technical Marketing
chalstead@vmware.com
Twitter: @chrisdhalstead