VMware Horizon Community
amr12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Microsoft Teams high CPU and memory usage

Hi,

Is anyone using MS Teams on non persistent desktops that is experiencing very high CPU and memory?  I see this is a common issue on any desktop with MS Teams so i was curious if you all have somehow deployed this and how you managed the high cpu/memory, if at all?

My main concern is if we have multiple users using Teams for a chat, call, etc, this will spike their desktop and in return eat up ESXi resources and negatively impact all users on the same  host regardless of using teams or not.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hope you followed below instructions to setup Teams in horizon view non-persistent environment:

Microsoft Teams With VMware VDI + App Volumes + DEM

Refer to recommended minimum VM configuration to run MS teams on VDI:

Teams for Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

0 Kudos
amr12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have followed all of these steps.  I was hopeful for GPU acceleration helping but it appears to not.

0 Kudos
bjohn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

kind of expected i guess. Microsoft Teams with Real-Time Audio-Video requires a minimum 4 vCPU, 4 GB RAM configuration, with a maximum video resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. Additional vCPUs and memory configurations deliver a superior experience. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-7/7.12/horizon-remote-desktop-features/GUID-E64B3E85-BA1E-....

0 Kudos