VMware Horizon Community
ballerc12
Contributor
Contributor

Microsoft RDP audio

How do you disable Microsoft RDP to allow USB mic and headset to work using View 3.1?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm confused by the question. You want to disable MS RDP to allow USB Mic/headphones? To use USB you will need the View thick client and USB installed in the agent.

Want make a difference in the future of VMware Products? Feature request your ideas ( )!

0 Kudos
ballerc12
Contributor
Contributor

I have the USB agent installed, I am just not able use voice inside the VM. When I look at the audio properties it shows Microsoft RDP device not the USB device or is that correct?

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you see the device in the USB menu and connect to it?

Want make a difference in the future of VMware Products? Feature request your ideas ( )!

0 Kudos
ballerc12
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I am able to connect but audio comes from the thick client speakers instead of headset and I am still unable to perform any voice functionality. Under sound properties for audio shows only MS RDP and no USB (Sennheiser is what we are using for USB headset) and under sound recording default device is nothing.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Try to change this key in the registry: (Or create if it does not exist)

HKCU\Software\Policies\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client\RDP Settings (REG_DWORD)AudioRedirectionMode = 1

0 = Redirect to client (default)

1 = Play in VM (needed for VoIP USB Support)

2 = "Disable audio"

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ballerc12
Contributor
Contributor

Ya... I tried on the thick client as well as on the connection broker. I even change gpedit settings inside connection broker. Still no luck.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Have you tried in "Direct Connect mode"? Its a setting on the View Manager server?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos