VMware Horizon Community
dvhorvath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Microsoft Lync, Credential Manager and Persona Management

I've installed Microsoft Lync 2010 in our Windows 7 (32-bit) View desktops, and it's set to launch at login. I've also set the Persona Management GPO to preload both AppData\Local\Microsoft and AppData\Roaming\Microsoft in hopes of getting the Credential Manager files somewhere in that wide net. The pool is set to refresh desktops on logout. The users have checked the box to remember their passwords, but when Lync launches at login, it fails to log them in. Looking in the Credential Manager UI, there are no saved credentials there after a refresh. I've looked online, but haven't found anybody else with this same problem. Can anybody help me understand how I can get saved credentials to persist with Persona Management? I appreciate any help, and I'd be happy to clarify anything in this post if anybody has any questions.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ericblc2
Contributor
Contributor

same here. home lab.

0 Kudos
VirtualMattCT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dave, Eric,

In your Persona Management GPO, are you explicitly configuring the roaming of the "Application Data (Roaming)" folder?

0 Kudos
vinoceros
Contributor
Contributor

Any luck with this? I'm having the same problem. We are capturing the "AppData\Roaming" folder.

0 Kudos
dvhorvath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We never did find a solution with non-persistent VMs. Eventually, we moved to persistent model, and that makes my original question a moot point, really. If anybody has figured out how to make it work with non-persistent systems, I’d like to know how they did it. Sorry I can’t help.

Dave

0 Kudos
Pooran98
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have MS Lync 2013 in a View 5.2 environment with Persona running and when I log off/on it auto signs me into Lync.  We are capturing the AppData stuff.

0 Kudos
vinoceros
Contributor
Contributor

Do you remember having to do anything special to make it work? We're capturing the locations below and chosing the "save password" option when starting Outlook but I'm still prompted every day.

\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Credentials

\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Vault

\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Credentials

\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Vault

We're not using Persona in combination with any sort of roaming profile functionality. Maybe some kind of special treatment's needed, like having the Persona policy manage them as if we were using traditional Windows roaming profiles?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Pooran98
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We didn't have to do anything special simply followed the deployment guide. In our deployment Application Data (Roaming) is enabled.

VP-1.PNG

This is capturing the following file which is caching our Lync data.

\App Data\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\AccountProfiles.dat

0 Kudos
vinoceros
Contributor
Contributor

Pooran98, are you using persistent or non-persistent desktops? I just enabled Application Data (Roaming) and it isn't making a difference for us. Thanks!

0 Kudos
amerriam
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not using Lync, but I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I've tried all of the different exclusions and inclusions and just can't get it to work. I need it for hosted Exchange in a non-persistent environment.

We will be migrating to persistent soon, but Exchange is happening first.

0 Kudos
vinoceros
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, we're not using Lync either but Exchange Online. Outlook is prompting for a password at each login (and yes our desktops are configured correctly for Office 365/Exchange Online). I found this post yesterday and have a ticket open with VMware: View Persona Management support for CryptProtectData.

0 Kudos
Pooran98
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@vinoceros, I am using non persistent desktops.with Horizon View 5.2, View Agent 5.2, & vSphere 5.1 U1.on the hosts.

0 Kudos