VMware Horizon Community
ultima-cerveza
Contributor
Contributor

Microphone Usage Horizon Client

Hello,

i want to use my microphone over Horizon Client to make Skye or other communications. Unfortunately it´s not possible to get a microphone.

Horizon Client connection is over Microsoft RDP.

The ear-phones are working perfect, but not the microphone. How can i connect this? Is there any way? There is no option to choose any microphone equal if i activate USB redirection or not.

Version VMWare Horizon Client: 4.10.0 build-11021086

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Does Blast or PCoIP have the same issue?

Does any other microphone work?

0 Kudos
ultima-cerveza
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply,

unfortunately no other microphone works, i´ve tested with different.

I only can choose the Microsoft RDP connection. 

Any solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

"I only can choose the Microsoft RDP connection. "

Did you mean RDP is the only protocol that you can use now or you've tried Blast and PCoIP neither worked?

0 Kudos
ultima-cerveza
Contributor
Contributor

RDP is the only protocal that i can use. I can not choose Blast or PCoIP.... Thanks!

0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've checked internally in VMware. It turns out that RTAV, which aims to support microphone(and webcam) in Horizon, is supported with BLast or PCoIP, but not RDP. Recommend you to check with your administrator on granting you to use Blast and/or PCoIP.

0 Kudos
ultima-cerveza
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately not possible because of licences. Is there any workaround?

0 Kudos
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is the GPO enabled  for RDP Audio recording redirection?

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Device and Resource Redirection

Allow audio recording redirection = Enabled

This policy setting allows you to specify whether users can record audio to the remote computer in a Remote Desktop Services session.
Users can specify whether to record audio to the remote computer by configuring the remote audio settings on the Local Resources tab in Remote Desktop Connection (RDC). Users can record audio by using an audio input device on the local computer, such as a built-in microphone.

By default, audio recording redirection is not allowed when connecting to a computer running Windows Server 2008 R2. Audio recording redirection is allowed by default when connecting to a computer running at least Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2.

If you enable this policy setting, audio recording redirection is allowed.

If you disable this policy setting, audio recording redirection is not allowed, even if audio recording redirection is specified in RDC.

If you do not configure this policy setting, Audio recording redirection is not specified at the Group Policy level.

0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As Jamit2006 suggested maybe you can try that for RDP.

That said I'm not sure about the license limitation on using Blast or PCoIP. If you're using Horizon both are built-in protocols, and microphone support is a basic feature and would not cost you any extra licesne.

0 Kudos