VMware Horizon Community
aaronb123
Contributor
Contributor

Merge Pools

Hi,

I have a need to merge or consolidate multiple pools into one. Is there a way I can do this? I cant seemt o find any command that would allow me to accomplish this.

I understand that the same user cant be in both pools, etc.

I'm using VMware View 4.6

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have never seen the ability to merge pools.  Can you give us some information on the two pools and what you are trying to accomplish?   

0 Kudos
aaronb123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Basically, following my company's naming convention, I am running out of available names in certain pools. I would like to take an existing pool that is "full" and combine it with a pool that has "room" in the naming convention. Not very clear, I know. But in order to reduce the amount of pools, I'd like to take the VMs out of one pool and add them to another pool.

Obviously, all the Entitlements, etc would need to follow. But essitially, that is it. Take VMs out of one pool and add them to another pool.

Im guessing this cant be done.... easily.

Thanks

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Are these linked clone pools or full desktop pools?  

aaronb123
Contributor
Contributor

Full Desktops.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

You can't merge per se, but you can drag/drop the contents of one pool to the other, same thing.

Also you can move one pool as a sub-pool, if you don't change the settings for pools this should accomplish the same thing.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

RParker wrote:

You can't merge per se, but you can drag/drop the contents of one pool to the other, same thing.

Also you can move one pool as a sub-pool, if you don't change the settings for pools this should accomplish the same thing.

Are you talking about View desktop pools or resource pools Smiley Happy ?   

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

If you go into the inventory of one of the pools do you have an add button? 

aaronb123
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, no.

Even under "More Commands"

Alas, I do not believe this can be done. But thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Yeah, I think the add inventory button is only on manual pools and not any type of automatic pool.     You may try to remove a test VM from the automatic pool and add it to a manual pool.   May work but it would be time consuming. 

0 Kudos