VMware Horizon Community
dougpatterson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Menubar VMware View Linux client

Now I have repurposed a test PC and all works fine. View client comes up - everything working like a charm. But how I can disable this menu bar on top that confuses my users. See below for my settings.

gonzo.jpg

and my screen with that "VMware" menu bar:

gonzo2.jpg

Thanks so much!

Doug

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matt_o
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is obviously Stratodesk NoTouch and there is a switch - don't need to go to the command line. Just click on VMware View options and set "Disable menubar" to on - docs here: http://www.stratodesk.com/kb/VMware_Horizon_View

This is how I have the View client configured (in the management tool):

Screenshot_4_12_13_3_43_PM.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Use the --nomenubar cmd line option to disable the menubar.

Bear in mind that when you use this, you may not be able to "exit" the client.

So consider using the --once option as well.

In this case, once the use disconnects or logs off, the client will exit. You can auto-relaunch using an external script.

matt_o
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is obviously Stratodesk NoTouch and there is a switch - don't need to go to the command line. Just click on VMware View options and set "Disable menubar" to on - docs here: http://www.stratodesk.com/kb/VMware_Horizon_View

This is how I have the View client configured (in the management tool):

Screenshot_4_12_13_3_43_PM.jpg

0 Kudos
dougpatterson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I should have looked before writing - it's really easy. "Disable menubar" did the trick, and yes I use Stratodesk NoTouch. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
bjohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just wondering how stratodesk is working out for you guys?

Thanks

0 Kudos
dougpatterson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@bjohn: works fine for me, can highly recommend

0 Kudos
bjohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, seems like a really small operation.

Hopefully it won't fold anytime soon.

0 Kudos
matt_o
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm much more inclined to buy from a 15-person company like them than from a 15thousand person company, really.

Devon IT is also a small operation and ThinKiosk is, apparently, one person. All seem to be doing their job well and I don't see more risk when working with them than with anybody else. Being big alone does not imply financially sound, and vice-versa being small does not mean unsolid. Also - There are just so many examples were users got p... off because big companies killed something they used or the big company disappeared (remember neoware or Compaq?)

But that's something everybody must decide on their own, isn't it?

0 Kudos
bjohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Personally, I agree with you, but it's not easy to sell to management that the company you are buying software from is a two person operation.

Aside from that, how is stratodesk including the View Client?  I thought view client licensing prohibits that? Maybe I'm just misinformed...

0 Kudos
matt_o
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Then these must be two very good people to create that software alone 😉

What's your problem? What you say can't be true as I know at least four people there (thanks VMworld). And their main location is in Europe. If you have problems with Europeans, then please don't buy a BMW or Mercedes

So you are saying integrating the View client in your own solution is illegal? Wyse, HP, Devon - oh VMware please sue them, they are all in violation!

Message was edited by: matt_o

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Let's keep the tone professional here.

Stratodesk does have the rights to redistribute the VMware View client as part of their PC Repurposing solution.

I believe that their product is VMware Ready certified.

0 Kudos
bjohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks bchongvmware for providing useful information.

0 Kudos