VMware Horizon Community
schreif
Contributor
Contributor

Media Player issues!

We are having some serious issues with Media player in our VDI environment. Here is a little history on what's happening.

We have call centers where supervisors listen to recordings. We are in the process of converting these users to VDIs.

1. When the users launch their VDI for the view portal with a interal computer, they can listen to the recordings (*.wav file).

2. If the user conects to their VDI from the security server, media player pretty much locks up and they can't play the wav file.

3. Another feature these users need is the ability to fast forward the wav file. So in media play, if you go to View, enhancments, and select "play speed settings" When the users launch the wav file via media play, the play speed setting bar appears, and the wav file begins to play, but there is no slidder bar to drag.

4. Here is the crazy part, when I launch my vdi, i have no issues playing the wav files. I can connect internally or through the security server. The wav files play fine. Difference between my machine and the end users machines who are having issues. I have WINDOWS 7 on my host machine.

5. I have tried updating everything on the xp host machines. I have downloaded audio codecs, I have downloaded new versions of directx, I have download 3-4 different media players, I have updated the host with the latest version of RDP, but nothing works getting media player to function correctly.

6. Here is another crazy thing, if the user is internal, and they directly RDP their VDI, everything works great. They get the slider bar and all the feature work great. It's only when the use the view client from a Windows XP host machine are they seeing the issues.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
0 Replies