VMware Horizon Community
markinh
Contributor
Contributor

Maximum sessions exceeded. Allow 2nd user with disconnected session?

Hi,

I want to connect to a desktop that has an active disconnected session with a 2nd user. It works with RDP but not VMware Client.

RDP

1. Windows 10 desktop. UserA logs on from console and issues the "tsdiscon" command.

2. From the client with MSTSC UserB establishes a connection. No prompt or delay when connecting.

Is it possible to achive the same result with VMware Horizon Client?

In my testing i installed the agent without broker (/v VDM_SKIP_BROKER_REGISTRATION=1) and the direct-connection plugin.

The client wont connect with error: "Maximum sessions exceeded".

best regards

Markus

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

For as far as i know you can't because PCoIP "locks"  the machine to a single session only. When you do RDP into the machine you are not actually connecting to the desktop but to a remote shell, there's a difference. Even when you ahve the Direct Connect Agent, it doesn't make a difference. The only thing the this client does is enablt the option to connect to the machine directly using it's name/ip address/whatever you can connect to it whereas the "normal" agent needs the Connection server to connect to it.

0 Kudos
markinh
Contributor
Contributor

thank you.

while testing i found that the view client can connect if both (disconnected) sessions for UserA and UserB already exists.

But in my case the session for UserB must be created.

0 Kudos