VMware Horizon Community
lookandfeel
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Managing Global Entitlements with Horizon 7.8 Console (HTML5-based Web Interface)

Hi,

regarding release notes from Horizon 7.8, I assume that "You can use Horizon Console to initialize the Cloud Pod Architecture feature, join pods to the pod federation, and create and manage global entitlements, sites, and home sites."

After update to 7.8 I cannot find this setting.

Looking for manuals and videos for 7.8, I have to notice that the menu "Cloud Pod Architecture" (submenu from -->Settings) is missing (see screenshot).

Does anybody have/had a similar behaviour or an idea whats wrong?

Regards,

Andre

3 Replies
Kishoreg5674
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think you might be accessing the admin page using an account that has custom permissions. Can you try with an account that has administrators role assigned to it ?

lookandfeel
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

sorry for the delay.

I use the same admin account like for the flash based View Administrator. So it is strange that with this admin account I cannot see the Cloud Pod Settings (inkl. Global Entitlements) within the Horison Console.

Regards,

Andre

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I know there are some known issue with Global Entitlements after upgrading to 7.8.0. Are you possibly using a read-only admin account?

Release Notes for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.8

Users that have the Administrators (Read Only) role cannot see View Configuration > Cloud Pod Architecture in Horizon Administrator or Settings > Cloud Pod Architecture in Horizon Console.

Workaround: None.

From the Horizon Console you can manage Global Entitlements.

Setting Up and Managing Cloud Pod Architecture in Horizon Console

You can also try using lmvutil.

Administering Cloud Pod Architecture with lmvutil

0 Kudos