VMware Horizon Community
jrhaakenson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Maintaining VM Logon session if Teradici Zero Client disconnects

I'm looking for a solution on maintaining a user logon session to a VM in the event the Teradici zero client disconnects from the View Server.  I am experiencing very random and infrequent zero client disconnects, which when they happen, immediately logout the user from the connected VM and the user loses their work.  Is there a way the user can remain logged into the VM in the event a zero client disconnect occurs and regain access to the their logon session?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulMurphyCO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can set your desktop pools Remote Settings configuration "Automatically logoff after disconnect" setting to something like "After ... 5 minutes". This way if the Zero client gets disconnected, then reconnects,  the user can log back in and they should get their same desktop.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulMurphyCO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can set your desktop pools Remote Settings configuration "Automatically logoff after disconnect" setting to something like "After ... 5 minutes". This way if the Zero client gets disconnected, then reconnects,  the user can log back in and they should get their same desktop.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
jrhaakenson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank You.  This was the first method we tried and at the time it did not hold the user's logon session after the zero client disconnected.  But I've since configured it again and verified it does work correctly.

0 Kudos