VMware Horizon Community
vmgeek10
Contributor
Contributor

MVP (Mobile Virtualization Platform) on Android

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to run a virtual Android on a smartphone (ideally under Android, but it's not required) for security reasons.

Indeed, I would like to test applications and especially applications requiring root rights.

And thanks to a virtual Android, the host OS of the smartphone can not be reached and the smartphone will not risk anything.

Despite many searches on the Internet, I did not find an application or smartphone to run a virtual Android.

Nevertheless, I noticed that VMware bought Trango in October 2008 to create Mobile Virtualization Platform (MVP).

And since Trango creates hypervisors for embedded systems (as shown on your VMware and Trango page), running a virtual Android on a smartphone should be possible with a VMware solution (but which one ?).

I also saw several images and videos showing that this had been envisaged and in particular on a Motorola (Verizon) and a LG smartphone :

And even the virtualization of Windows CE (a Windows for embedded system) on a Nokia N800 :

How to install VMware MVP on a smartphone (if it's possible) or where to buy a smartphone preinstalled with this VMware MVP solution ?

2nd question : What is VMware Horizon Mobile ?

A hypervisor to have 2 operating systems isolated from each other (eg a real Android and a virtual Android) or an application to have 2 profiles on the same operating system (eg Android) ?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmgeek10
Contributor
Contributor

up

0 Kudos