VMware Horizon Community
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

MSTSC from command prompt terminal freezes

When a user does MSTSC from command prompt terminal freezes; mouse & keyboard unreactive; once Wyse terminal is rebooted, everything works fine. User is rdp'ing into x64 servers. Anyone esle has run into this issue? We are running on V10L Wyse terms.

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
15 Replies
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When doing an RDP to a 32 bit box no problems whats so ever, just 64 bit systems. ??

Any advice?

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

Which is the OS you are doing mstsc...

Regards

Anil

Save the planet, Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

XP 32 bit on a VM using a V10L.

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you talking about a standard RDP session or View?

Blog: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth

0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If I am on my XP then I go and I start mstc.exe (RDP) it opens fine once I enter the information and try to connect to a 64bit machine, thats it, the wyse freezes and reboots. If I connect to a 32bit machine no problem works as it should. The problems only happen when connecting to a 64bit.

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I take it no one else has expirence this problem? So anyone here who has a Wyse V10L terminal running XP and tries to RDP to a 64bit system, works??? If so let me know what version of mstc.exe you are running..... or any other information you can provide, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I'm not sure, but I think I read something similar on the forums. Iirc the user updated the wyse firmware to the newest version. Sorry, can't find the article...

0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No problem Chris, does anyone else here have had this issue or know of a fix? I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I continue to experience problems RDP'ing to a 64bit machine. Is their anyone else with this same issue?

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Found Fix.

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

How about posting the fix for the benefit of others.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For all having the same issue as I mentioned, download and install the latest Wyse V10L Firmware which currently is 6.3.0_22. It was provided to me to fix another problem which it did not but did fixed this one.

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
WyseGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Feature Enhancements and bug fixes are provided on a regular basis, just ensure that you have software maint as part of your WTOS purchase and you can download new firmware for the devices as you please from a private site.

0 Kudos
msemon1
Expert
Expert

I have seen anomolies with RDP, however, not from Wyse Winterms. I am using RDP version 6.0. When I RDP into VM guests I am not seeing console session even if using /console or /Admin switch. When I logon to Vm through VMware console I see console session. Is this normal? Is there a fix?

Mike

0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

msemon1,

Funny you mention about the console thing, I just went through that just now, having to install a product which needs to console also. I googled and found that MS no longer supports console for security reasons. Unless someone else knows better please enlighten me. So for now we will need to use ILO.

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos