VMware Horizon Community
spchurchill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

MSI install package for VDM Client

Hi,

Does anyone know whether there's an MSI install package for the VDM Client? I want to be able to install the client on a load of Win2k computers that we're making into "thin PCs" which will auto-login and straight away open the VDM Client for the user. I've managed to do everything else by group policy apart from install the Client as I can't find the suitable MSI package.

Anyone know how to get/make one?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dssmonkey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

Run the VDM client exe and then open up run from the start menu and type in %temp%

This will open up the temp folder that the .exe extracts the .msi for installation.

Copy the MSI out of this folder and cancel the exe installation.

Any questions let me know.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have not used both of these my self but there are converters and applications out there such as "MAKEMSI" and "WININSTALL" that can create and edit MSI files. I have used WININSTALL and it is able to take an application that is installing and make it into an MSI. As far as MAKEMSI here is the link to the web page and I hope it is of some help. As for as i could tell it was free. http://dennisbareis.com/makemsi.htm[/URL]

dssmonkey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

Run the VDM client exe and then open up run from the start menu and type in %temp%

This will open up the temp folder that the .exe extracts the .msi for installation.

Copy the MSI out of this folder and cancel the exe installation.

Any questions let me know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
spchurchill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks very much dssmonkey, that's great.

0 Kudos