VMware Horizon Community
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

MS patching issues on Horizon Instant Clone

Hello All

I am currently running Horizon 7.6.   I am using Windows 10 LTSB build 1607 for my desktop pool.

My windows 10 template has no software other than the base OS installed in it.  I am using AppVolumes and Thinapp to provide users applications.

Here is my issue

Each month I need to apply the new Windows 10 LTSB patches to my template.  So I power it on, connect to windows update and let it install any patches it finds.  Then I shut down the template, take a snapshot and push the new image to the pools.   The problem I have is that nearly every month (not always though) something with SSL gets broken in windows.  I can tell this two ways, we use SAP and if I try to connect to the SAP web portal using IE, I get this  (note, this does not happen when i use Chrome)

pastedImage_0.png

And also if i try to run my vsphere client thinapp, i get this.

pastedImage_1.png

I thought I had this narrowed down to being caused by Adobe Flash patches, but this month I did not apply any flash patches and I still have this issue.

I'm not sure what other functionality this may affect.

Just though I would run this past the forum to see if anyone has experienced this...before I open cases with Vmware and Microsoft.

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
techguy129
Expert
Expert

When you are installing the patches, are you stopping the app volumes agent service first? There is a system appstack that will capture any changes to the OS and can be an issue when cloning.

Also, try removing any assigned appstacks to your VMs and see if you still have a problem. There could be another appstack messing with the certificate store.

0 Kudos