VMware Horizon Community
Eric-Champagne
Contributor
Contributor

MS Teams issue with "Playing Incoming Call Sound Notification" on Horizon 8 (2111)

Hi All,

We have a very strange behavior with Horizon 8 2111 with Teams Optimization : The ringing sound notification is not working but all the others sounds in Teams are working. Like the Chat Notification sound is working, the Calling Sound (when I call someone by myself) is working as well, any kind of sound in Teams works fine except when someone we receive a call. The popup for the call is showing up in the right down corner  ... No Sound.

We are well configured with Teams Optimization. Our Teams client reported it as OPTIMIZED as well (See Below)

EricChampagne_0-1649268875837.png

Our Horizon Client are all installed with Teams Optimization option enabled

Our Teams Client MSI are installed by the book following Microsoft instruction.

We did try different Horizon Client 8 as well (Windows and MAC) we have the same behavior

Our Devices Configuration under Teams is set as VMware recommendations (See Below)

EricChampagne_1-1649269312374.png

We have also under Teams the notifications sets like this with the option "Play Sound for Incoming Calls and Notification".

EricChampagne_2-1649269367975.png

I reiterate that we hear the sound notification when someone send a chat message in Teams.

I also confirm that all the regular sound from Windows are working as it should.

I did try to search in many blogs and google without lucks for hours ..

Any thoughts will be very appreciated

Eric

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you get anywhere with this?   I have nearly the same symptom but with all Teams sound notifications. Though in an RDSH non-optimized session.  

0 Kudos
Eric-Champagne
Contributor
Contributor

The issues was on Microsoft side. VMware Support did work with MS to fix the issue and without action on our side, the problem as been resolved. It tooks very longtime for them to have MS on the issue but finally it works.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos