VMware Horizon Community
snootalope
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

MS Outlook OST files

We're in the process of testing out VMWare View.  So far so good except for one issue I'm having with Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010.  I'm curious if anyone here has already been through what I'm tyring to fix at the moment..

Currently, all of our users utilize a citrix/terminal server setup running on Windows 2003 SP2.  All of the users have romain profiles setup.

The View desktops we've got setup are using linked clones and persistent disks which map to the D:\ in the users sessions.  Of course this means the users profile is loaded to the D:\ instead of C:\ in the virtual desktops.  My issue is, when a new users comes from our old environment into the test view setup, their Outlook is trying to find their OST file on the C:\ (c:\users\appdata...etc).  The users data has been loaded to the D:\ though.  The only way I've found to get around this is going into the Contol Panel in the users session, deleting their Outlook profile, then recreating it.  This works, but it's just a bit of more work that I think there may be a way around.

Anyone been here before and found a way around this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suiname
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You might be able to put in a registry key to force the ost path.  Check out this article (about pst, but should work for OST also):

http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/1312/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Suiname
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You might be able to put in a registry key to force the ost path.  Check out this article (about pst, but should work for OST also):

http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/1312/

0 Kudos
snootalope
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the post Suiname, I followed your link..  Added %USERPROFILE% to my environment variables and pointed it to D:\Users, rebooted, tested, and it worked!   Tested with a migrating account and it pulled the ost from where it was supposed to.

0 Kudos