VMware Horizon Community
vmmaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

MS Exchange ONLINE - on VDI desktops - disk space

Hi All,

My company is planning on going to Exchange online. At this time the VDI users are set to use Online Mode with our local exchange server but now with going to Exchange online the Online Mode will not be available as their is a requirement for cached email. I can see this being an issue with disk space as well as after recomposes. I believe we can limit the cached email but still can see the potential for issues. Also - we use vSAN for our VDI system and it was not originally designed to house cached email so we will probably see unwanted growth from the downloaded email that will affect things. 

Can anyone share their experience with going to Exchange online with VDI desktops. Did you have email functionality issues? Disk space issues? What about recomposes?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sholliday_aus
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi vmmaj,

This really depends on what other products you have available. 
You really should be considering some of the more modern approaches as per this guide https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/modernizing-vdi-new-horizon

For example, you could be using the FSLogix Office Container with cached mode. 

Regards,
Scott

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any
0 Kudos