VMware Horizon Community
Corvax
Contributor
Contributor

MMS Streaming video stops after 1min

Hello Everyone,

We are currently having issues and I'm probing the community to see if anyone has any idea on what it could be...here I  go:

View connection server : 4.0.2 Build 294291

Clients : HP T5740 Thin clients using View Client 4.6

Problem :  When watching a video that is streamed from our internal Windows Media Server using mms protocol the video stops playing after aproximitaly 1min to 1m20s.  If you scroll back 10 secs, it will play for another 1m-1m20s.

The Guest OS seems fine, since if I use a T5745 with the Thin OS and the Open Client 4.5, the streaming works for the lenght of the Video.

I've Disabled the firewall on the T5740, tried tweaking everything I can find, but i never got passed the issue.

If copy the same video localy on the Guest OS, it works like a charm....So it looks like a buffer somewhere that is filling up when streaming using the T5740.  Could be an issue with the WinXPe, but can't seem to locate the problem.

Any body have an idea ??

Corvax

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ebernard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Corvax,

Buffering issue indeed, but a lot of questions or things to do ?

What is the Windows Media Player version used ? Have you tried with other video player like VLC, MPC..?

Have you tried to tweak WMP options related to MMS, HTTP streaming, buffer size and proxy usage ?

Maybe some tracks to try and follow is :

- Set different options on WMP

- Try to stream with another media player

- Try with an external MMS/WMV source, just to check connection between server and client

Hope this helps you,

Feel free to update/comment

Emmanuel

Emmanuel BERNARD
Lead Solution Engineer | VMware Cloud | EMEA

Please mark "Helpful" or "Correct Answer" if applies. Appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Corvax
Contributor
Contributor

I realy doubt it's a configuration issue with the Guest OS or Windows Media player settings for the following reasons :

1 - Connecting to the same Guest OS using the T5745 that has a different OS and view client works fine.

2 - Connecting using a standard Windows XP desktop using the Windows View Client works fine....

For me it's either an issue with the T5740 or Windows XPe OS config, but i might be wrong....

I don't have any other Windows XPe clients to test it out on...so hard to eliminate the XPe OS.

Corvax

0 Kudos
Corvax
Contributor
Contributor

seems that there was a bug in the OS image.  After re-building from scratch this problem disapeared.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks for the update.  It's funny how just out of the blue something in the image can change and cause all kinds of problems.   I've had it happen a couple of different times.

0 Kudos