VMware Horizon Community
JoeDDfS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

MIgration from USER DISK into Persona Management

Hi,

I have 4 pools - dedicated with user disks. I want to migrate all VDs into one pool and use persona managament instead of dedicated user disk. I tried create GPO and activate Persona Management  - it works. After that i tried delete pool and create new one (floating) with persona management and attach it to users from deleted pool. I have destko but with no old data..

Is there any option how to attach previously created  persona management profile into newly created VDs or i am doing something wrong?

thx for your reply

Josef

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vTimD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So you setup the GPO and file share for persona management with the old pool and then deleted the old pool? Did you check the file share to see if the user profiles transferred? I was trying to follow what you said, but it seems like you deleted the old VDI (with the user data) before confirming that the profiles actually did sync to the file share. This would mean that the data is gone. Could you clarify your process a bit more?

-vTimD http://www.vtimd.com If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos