VMware Horizon Community
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Lync 2013 in HTML5 (Blast) session: can not change status

I have an issue with Microsoft Lync 2013 in a HTML5 session. I can not change my status. It will stay on "away". Is this caused because Windows cannot detect activity when connected through blast?

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TonyHuynh201110
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Regardless of whether you use Blast or PCoIP, it shouldn't affect Lync's ability to change your status.

0 Kudos
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Tested this in 2 different environments, both having the same issue. It looks like if Lync cannot detect an active user while connected through Blast. PCoIP doesn't have this issue.

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com
0 Kudos
nevgeo1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Did you find a solution for Lync 2013 not changing status through Blast. Please update I am facing the same with Horizon 6 .

0 Kudos
glennvelsol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I also see this. Using BLAST, Lync 2013 does not work right.... Using PCOIP and everything works fine, not sure why though.

0 Kudos
TonyHuynh201110
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I suspect that Lync changes status based on whether it has received input from mouse/keyboard.  HTML access may not the provide some of this input/feedback back to the Lync client inside the desktop.

0 Kudos
tumoraiders
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue with Vmware Blast HTML5.  I am on version 6.1 of view.  Lync 2013 -  if I log into HTML5 and nothing else the status goes to "away status" and the only other status that it can be changed to is work-offline.

If i stay in my HTML5 session and go to another machine Physical or another View desktop using PCoip my status in the HTLM5 session will mirror the connection status of the other machines.  If i change the status on the second device to available the HTML5 will show the correct status.  I have an open ticket with microsoft to see if they can shed some light on this issue.   Very strange.  Lync 2010 in HTLM5 I think works fine.  Lync 2013 has some changes to the way it detects connection status.  If anyone can shed some light on this situation please post.  If i hear back from microsoft on this i will post resolution.

0 Kudos