VMware Horizon Community
YMN2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Lost disk in desktop vcenter + view manager

I´ve have view manager 5.0

i´ve have vcenter 5.0

I´ve got a pool with 40 linked-cloned. Always there are 20 virtual machines (linked-clone) power on. There are some vm that never power on because it´s not necessary. In this machine when pass the time some days or some weeks the referend to disk lost. When i do a refresh of pool some virtual machine do not find the disk. But really the disk is in the share.

The pool has got this caracteristics:

automatica, linked-clones and floating

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you performing the delete through View Manager?   Are the other disk on a datastore that is not available? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The fact that some virtual machines work and some don't imply that the base image is good and the composer infrastructure is good.  Perhaps the machines that are failing are pointed to an older snapshot no longer available?    What happens if you remove one of the machines and let it rebuild fresh?

0 Kudos
YMN2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

When i delete the vm (linked-cloned) the share can´t delete because there are some files than can´t find. And then the virtual machine is generate with the  same name and the end of the name there are  _1.  You can see the content of the vm in one image, and the settings of the virtual machine without one disk.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you performing the delete through View Manager?   Are the other disk on a datastore that is not available? 

0 Kudos
YMN2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, i use the view manager for delete the vm. I program task to do a recompose, refresh and all task than i can do. There aren´t other disk on a datastore that is not available. I don´t Know what´s happend. I have two snapshot of the master virtual machine.  Can it alter something.?

I have this problem in some pools, all of them are similar and i don´t know what happen.

0 Kudos