VMware Horizon Community
Dave_McD
Contributor
Contributor

Logging off View Desktop with Notes open causes NSD error

I have a Windows 7 desktop, auto provisioned with dedicated desktops. When I log off my desktop without closing Lotus Notes first, I receive the following error:

nsd.exe - Application Error   The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.

The when I log back on and start Lotus Notes, it asks me if I want to send a crash report.

The desktop is deployed using Alteris and has the same image, more or less, as my laptop. When I do the same on my laptop, I do not get the error

I expect this to happen if I do a hard shutdown, but as I am doing a log off I expect it to close Notes properly.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, did you find a fix?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

What kind of profile are you using on the dedicated VDI machine? 

0 Kudos
Dave_McD
Contributor
Contributor

I am not using Persona Management and our profiles are stored on our file server. We are still in testing prior to going to production.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Is that the same profile mechanism that the physical desktops use?   Just curious if the machine is logging off during the middle of the lotus notes profile copy.  

0 Kudos
Dave_McD
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, exactly the same as the physical desktops. My Notes guy is looking at it now, I thought I would try and find an answer from the View side.

I have a similar thought to you, it may be shutting down faster than the physical desktop. However, it should wait for Notes to shut down completely.

0 Kudos