VMware Horizon Community
MattKeelan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Logging into Blast Gateway using SSO?

Hi,

We've set-up a VMware View Security Server and are using a Juniper SA4500 (secure access) device to provide View HTML access as a remote access solution for our staff. Essentially the SA device handles 2-factor authentication then passes the session to the Security Server Blast Gateway, where our users can log into and select a pool to use.

The set-up works perfectly how it is at the moment, but one thing we'd like to improve on is SSO. Currently the user has to enter their credentials at the SA device login screen to authenticate there, then when they get passed to the Security Server they need to enter their credentials again to log in there. The SA device has some SSO support, and we've had it working with Citrix Xenapp previously using HTTP POST's, however I have not been able to figure out how to get it working with the View Blast connection.

Does anyone have any insight on whether it is possible to pass credentials to the Security Server to log users in, rather then requiring them to enter their credentials twice? We are using HTML Access only for our remote access solution due to internal limitations and policies, and we are required to have the SA device between the external connection and the Security Server so we can't just expose the external interface on the security server to the internet.

We are using View 5.2

Cheers,

Matt Keelan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattKeelan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For anyone trying to do the same/similar thing:

I've had a job logged with VMware for a while now and it's just been escalated to the engineering team who have advised me there is no SSO support in the Blast Secure Gateway. So this does not appear to be possible at this point in time.

I have responded asking if it's scheduled to be included in a future update but I am guessing they probably would've advised that if that was the case.

I have also asked if there is a way we can request the feature be added. So I suspect feature requests may be the only way we can get SSO support in the Blast Secure Gateway.

Essentially, at this point in time there is no SSO support included in the Blast Secure Gateway in View versions 5.2 or 5.3. This is of course referring to providing credentials to the gateway from another source, not referring to SSO between the gateway and other View servers/services.

Cheers,

Matt Keelan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MattKeelan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For anyone trying to do the same/similar thing:

I've had a job logged with VMware for a while now and it's just been escalated to the engineering team who have advised me there is no SSO support in the Blast Secure Gateway. So this does not appear to be possible at this point in time.

I have responded asking if it's scheduled to be included in a future update but I am guessing they probably would've advised that if that was the case.

I have also asked if there is a way we can request the feature be added. So I suspect feature requests may be the only way we can get SSO support in the Blast Secure Gateway.

Essentially, at this point in time there is no SSO support included in the Blast Secure Gateway in View versions 5.2 or 5.3. This is of course referring to providing credentials to the gateway from another source, not referring to SSO between the gateway and other View servers/services.

Cheers,

Matt Keelan

0 Kudos