VMware Horizon Community
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Very strange thing is happening, The check box for Login as current user is missing on the VMware View Client on certain PC's even a re-install doesn't bring it back. However the same install on for instance my pc works fine and I get the Tick box. So this courses the auto signon problem as if I set the loginascurrentuser switch it doesn't work. It's like the client doesn't have that feature but another client which is the same version and same build has the tick box...

Does anyone know what could be coursing this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

When you perform the client installation there is an option to install the Log in as user component. If that is not installed then the check box is not presented when you open the client.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Joxster
Contributor
Contributor

ye I just worked that out sadly it was my fault as I was installing the script via a login script ie :-

VMware-viewclient /s /v /qn

Do you know what switch is needed to install it and install the Log in as current user tick box Component?

Thanks

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I haven't done much in the way of install switches so my experience there is limited. I found this site, http://oztek.blogspot.com/2009/07/vmware-view-client-silent-installation.html , but there doesn't seem to be a lot of customization you can do.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor

ye doesnt show those switches and I've even dumped the install log when I manually install the installer to see if I could see any switches but can't see any...

Sad thing is when I install it in silent mode via a shutdown script it misses those compainents off for some reason Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Maybe you can script it during the day with the supress reboot option and see if those components get installed correctly.

0 Kudos
DaveOConnell
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Came across this issue today. Needed to modify silent install options as per this document..

https://www.vmware.com/pdf/horizon-view/horizon-view-client-windows-document.pdf- Page 22

Example of script used..

VMware-Horizon-View-Client-x86_64-y.y.y-xxxxxx.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress

INSTALLDIR=install_folder ADDLOCAL=TSSO LOGINASCURRENTUSER_DISPLAY=1

LOGINASCURRENTUSER_DEFAULT=1 DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=1 STARTMENU_SHORTCUT=1

VDM_SERVER=view.mycompany.com /l*v "%TEMP%\log.txt""

0 Kudos