VMware Horizon Community
tow-eric
Contributor
Contributor

Locking Icons in Place

I know this isn't a huge deal but I was wondering if there is a way to lock the icons in place on the main template so when the desktops are deployed and logged into from the view client they are in the same exact place as they are on the template? Is this some sort of group policy setting?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have never given that much thought but it sounds like a profile setting. Have you tried setting everything like you want and then copying over your profile to the default user profile on the template? Everyone that logs in would then get that profile setting which should be in the correct order.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
tow-eric
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have tried that. Everything is on the same profile. I had it working once, but since I have made some changes the icons are just lining up on the left hand side everytime a new desktop is created and I log into one with the view client. Not quite sure what it is.

0 Kudos
regnak
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The only way I've got this to work with Terminal Server desktops is to:

use GPO to remove all desktop icons

use desktop folder redirection to force mandatory desktop on users with desktop shortcuts I want to place there.

- in this case I've a share on a file server where I place my desktop icons - all user desktops are redirected here & it's read only & execute permissions for them!

This kinda defeats the purpose of having a unique view desktop for each user that they can customise but for teleworkers etc maybe this is what you want?

There's a few articles on the required folder permissions on the desktop share if you google.

Mike

0 Kudos