UK DC has 600 seat view environment for UK users - vdi.x.com
US DC has 100 seat view environment for US users - vdius.x.com
Each environment is completely separate with different vCenters & View connection servers.
We're looking at integrating the two environments in to a single connection server (vdi.x.com) however we'd like to ensure users from the US connect to the US connection servers and the UK users connect to the UK servers. Any recommendations on how best to achieve this as I'd like to avoid transatlantic connections!
Maybe you can use something like this: http://www.f5.com/it-management/solutions/global-load-balancing/overview/
Yeah F5's was my thoughts as well but I was looking for something a bit more cost effective
you can always experiment with this: Anycast DNS - Part 1, Overview
Or any kind of location aware dns service. http://backreference.org/2010/02/01/geolocation-aware-dns-with-bind/
Here are my thoughts
1. Create 4 Brokers with Tags - "US" and "UK"
2. Create 2 pools and add those Tags to the respective pools.
3. Ask the users from US to login to the US connection broker and the same for UK.
4. Use direct connection and not Tunnel connection.
5. Give users hostname for both the connection broker for each location.
Pros - Easy and cost effective solution