VMware Horizon Community
InflxxEC
Contributor
Contributor

Local USB Printing Issues

Hi,

We have been having an issue with our Windows 7 View Desktops keeping the default USB printer since 5.2. I had opened a ticket with VMware and they said it was a known issue and it would be fixed in 6. But still having an issue.

Basically we have a user that connects to the View Client via a Wyse d90d7 thin client. They have a USB printer attached to it and it is seen in Windows and when setting to the default printer it is fine. But when the user logs out and logs back in the default printer is changed and he has to reset it.

Is there any fix or anything we can try. I have to think this would be a common issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Akopylov
Commander
Commander

Good day.

What prevents you from using GPP (Group Policy Preferences) to set the default printer? In this case usb devices should be set to connect automatically I think. I guess there are not so many different models of printers in your infrastructure.

0 Kudos
InflxxEC
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure what you mean by setting the GPP? Is there instructions anywhere for doing this for setting the default printer?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Akopylov
Commander
Commander

It is about GPO - Group Policy Preferences.The first google link is fine. You just need to scpecify correct printer name (how it called in guest OS).

0 Kudos