VMware Horizon Community
UCareVM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Local Printers not showing up

Hello,

I have a 4.5 Pool of Dedicated Linked Clones with the Agent fully installed with all options except PCOIP Server installed.  However,  when I log into the clone through the View Client I don't have my local printers available.  Printing from my VM isn't possible.  Any ideas on what to check in my Parent image or config?  

Thanks,  Morrisos

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you check the services to see if it's even listed.   I would try to reinstall the View Agent and see if that gets you back on track.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the forums.   The first thing I would check is that your tpautoconnect service is installed and running on the VDI machine.   This is the process that remaps the local printers on your physical workstation over to the VDI machine. 

0 Kudos
UCareVM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried the tpautoconnect -d and -v

It  gives me a "Service must be started before running TPAutoconnect (fatal error) for both commands.  Seems like it never started in the first place and won't start period.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you check the services to see if it's even listed.   I would try to reinstall the View Agent and see if that gets you back on track.

0 Kudos
UCareVM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The service wasn't even listed.  I went back to parent and uninstalled Agent then re-installed and the services came up fine.  They came up on and on auto-startup.

I then re-composed and the clones now have the services on and print.

Thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No problem.  I've seen a VM tools upgrade wipe out the service before.   It's always best practice to put the agent on last.     Don't forget to assign points if you found anything helpful. 

radan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI,

If you want to configure Local Printer on VM ,you need PCOIP ,If Local host can see the printer ,then automaticly Printer will appear on VM.

Hops its help you

Ashkan -T

0 Kudos