VMware Horizon Community
mbaker33
Contributor
Contributor

Local Printer Redirection?

Hello,

We are migrating our Citrix users to new VDI's to help accelerate the death of our existing Citrix servers but having some trouble with a handful of users who only ever work from home.  Their complaint is in printing to their local printers from their View Desktop.  The one thing that Citrix did fairly well, was redirect print jobs to local printers when necessary.  I have yet to figure out a way to make this work on a Mac, but our HelpDesk has worked on it mostly and I haven't been too overly involved.. 

Before I go running down a rabbit hole, does anyone have any ideas or input on this?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

You can use ThinPrint to resolve this issue. It has its own set of challenge. Install VMware Tools first and then install VMware View Agent. This sequence is very important.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
mbaker33
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks vcpguy, I've read a bit about ThinPrint, but it's unclear if it's something included in the View Agent, or if it's a third party tool.  I'll look through some additional documentation and see what I can dig up.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos