VMware Horizon Community
KingYao
Contributor
Contributor

Local Mode Error When Checking Out Desktop

Hi all,

I am getting an error when i check out a virtual desktop. It is giving me the following error: "This desktop cannot be checked out. There is a problem with one of the packages that it depends on. Please contact your systems administrator".

Now i was reading a previous post where someone else was having this same issue and solved it by installing the Transfer Server. However, i have installed a Transfer Server and did this during my initial install of View 4.5, and the transfer server status is "ready". So all is working fine on the Transfer Server end.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

Can you check that the transfer server is running on an ESX host that has access to all the datastores the VMs disks are stored ..?

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

other than that you will need to publish the virtual desktop to the transfer server.

"You can publish packages from the Transfer Server repository page in View Administrator. You can also

publish packages when you create a linked-clone pool. After a pool is created, you can also publish packages

from the individual pool page by using the View Composer > Publish option."

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

0 Kudos
KingYao
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Yes all datastores can be seen by the ESX host.

Yep i am aware of the methods to publish, i have set up View 4.5 numerous times now, but this is the first time i have had this error.

Cheers.

0 Kudos