VMware Horizon Community
nov1ce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Load balancing Horizon View servers using F5 and folder/drive sharing

Hello,

Anyone here using F5 BIG-IP LTMs to load balance Horizon View servers? I'm having problems with Drive/Folder sharing using Horizon Client. The rest (USB redirection/printing) works without any issues.

F5 BIG-IP LTM: 12.1.1 Build 1.0.196 Hotfix HF1

F5 VMware View iApp: 1.5.1

VMware Horizon: 7.0.2 build-4356666

I followed https://www.f5.com/pdf/deployment-guides/vmware-view5-iapp-dg.pdf to deploy "BIG-IP APM/LTM with proxied PCoIP connections using Connection Servers only" scenario.

Everything is working perfectly fine, I can login and access my published applications using VMware Horizon Client (or via HTML5).

USB redirection and printing works fine too. The only thing that I can't get working is Folder/Drive Sharing via Horizon Client. I don't get any errors during the login, but I see nothing mapped if I launch a published application and chose to save a file.

Folder/Drive sharing works fine if I connect directly to the View server.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you using APM as a SS/ Access Point replacement? If so, I'll see if it works in our deployments (I've not actually checked).

Edit - Yes you are, let me check what ours is like Smiley Happy

Edit 2 - No issues here. What happens if you go to Options - Share Folders from the full horizon client, and manually share a folder? It should show up as a network drive on your desktop.

0 Kudos
maharajan_be
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you enabled Client Drive redirection on RDS host where the application is published. If not, please enable it

VMware Horizon View Client Drive Redirection (2121645) | VMware KB

0 Kudos
nov1ce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

alsmk2

maharajan.be

Thank you guys. The issue is resolved.

For a BIG-IP version 12.1+ the "Use secure tunnel connection to desktop" option (under View Connection Server settings) should be selected and point to the IP of the View Connection Server. I initially misunderstood it and kept it cleared.

0 Kudos
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Glad you got it resolved.

I'm a tad confused though as we don't have that option checked on the connection servers and it still works on BIG-IP 12.1. My understanding was that the HTTPS Secure Tunnel needed to be checked for USB redirection to work, but not for shares & folders. If it works... it works!

0 Kudos