VMware Horizon Community
Flest
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Linux as virtual desktop.

Hello,

Can I use Linux OS (Fedora) as virtual desktop OS with VDI?

If yes, should I install there View agent?

Thank you,

Sergey.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Unfortunatley not, you will have to investigate another Broker like Leostream or vWorkspace if you want Linux VDI guests. there is no Linux Agent.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Unfortunatley not, you will have to investigate another Broker like Leostream or vWorkspace if you want Linux VDI guests. there is no Linux Agent.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
mohitkshirsagar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is VMware planning to get an agent out for linux desktops??

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I have yet to see anything and would recommend putting in a feature request (the more customers that do so, the great the incentive to include it). How many Linux desktops do you have? If it's not a lot compared to your Windows set it may be better to use something like VNC or some other connection broker in addition to View.

0 Kudos
mohitkshirsagar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your prompt reply. I think VNC will be good idea. I dont have many linux desktops. But may be in future we might need it. How do i put a feature request??

0 Kudos