VMware Horizon Community
ragazzi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Linux VMD Client on IGEL Thin Clients does not work properly

Hi,

I'm testing the IGEL Thin Client modell (3210LX) with VDI. The OS on the thin Client is Linux. Unfortunately I cannot connect to the Connection Borker because there is an error apearing when i connect to the Server name or IP Adress. The Error message is: "Could not connect to broker".

If I enter the complete Servername i.e. servername.suffix.local (It is a Windows Domain) and try to connect, nothing happens but the connection will not be established. Has anyone any idea what could be the cause of the problem? Pinging the servers name, also without the suffix works....

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Try to connect to the servername without suffix. But it seems that name resolution is not working properly.

0 Kudos
ragazzi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your answer.

I tried to connect without the suffix as well, but the error message

keeps popping up. Might there be a problem for linux resolving names if the Windows domain has

a _ (underscore) in the domainname. I know the convention for a domain

sais no special characters allowed, but historically there

always was a _ in the Windows Domain name.

0 Kudos
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In your original post you said you tried the IP address which would also work and remove any domain naming issues. I'm assuming you have the latest updates for the iGel clients and that you are putting them into VDM broker mode?

I have both the 5310 and 2210 clients connecting to our View installation with no issues but of course I don't have an underscore in the domain either!

If you are using the iGel Remote Manager software you will find that in the policy you want to use to configure the VDM you would go to Registry, then to vmwarevdmapp. Under there I have my broker configured as:

If you are not using the Remote Manager then you will find this in the setup interface on the client as well.

0 Kudos