VMware Horizon Community
AlbertFish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Linux Thin Clients and Leostream

Has anyone had any success using lunux based thin clients to connect to leostream (vmware backend)?

I have tried the Wyse v50l and it doesn't work in associating .rdp files through firefox. What about HP or Neoware?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OBarner
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

we successfully tested Leostream with Wyse V10L and S10 as they can directly connect to the Leostream broker.

We also successfully tested IGEL ThinClients as you can set the direct connection here as well.

Regards

Oliver

0 Kudos
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Same here on the V10L and S10 Wyse models. I haven't done any testing with the V50L, but I believe that all of the latest models are able to talk directly to the Leostream Broker through use of the "VDI Brokers" path. That's how you do it on the V10L and S10 anyway. Of course I know with XPe, you can use the browser.

0 Kudos
AlbertFish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, after further testing I know the V50L doesn't work with Leostream. The Neoware e140 does. It has a client a lot like the v10l by wyse.

0 Kudos
OM4EVER
Contributor
Contributor

Question,

how do you like IGEL compared to the Wyse v10L. In terms of video/audio, and the ability to use local USB devices like printers. We're using the WTOS and and want to use smartcards as well.

0 Kudos