VMware Horizon Community
LoZ
Contributor
Contributor

Linked-clone pool orphaned disposable disks left in storage

Hi all,

I've been searching around for an answer to this issue for a while but haven't found anything. Hopefully someone on here can help.

I have a series of linked-clone pools deploying View desktops. Looking at the datastores for these desktops in vCenter, some (not all) have multiple folders: e.g. VMMachine1, VMMachine1_1, VMMachine1_2, VMMachine1_3. Only 1 folder will have a valid machine in it, but ALL of them have disposable disks left in 'sdd' sub-folders. As my pools have 12GB disposable drives set up in them, the wasted storage soon mounts up.

Does anyone have an idea of why these might not be removed, or if there's an easy/scripted way to find orphans and remove them from my datastores?

Thanks in advance!

Loz

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

How are the desktops being removed? 

0 Kudos
LoZ
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the delay in replying - didn't realise I had notifications going to an email address I don't often check!

The removals would have been done by the Composer services I suspect, as I had no indication that it had happened (and no one else administering these desktops) until I got my first notification that one of the datastores was full, and that other View desktops could not start.

Hope that's enough information.

0 Kudos