VMware Horizon Community
inbadmin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Linked Clones

I am only able to create a linked clone pool using the Active Directory object CN=Computers. Every time i try to use one of our other OU's i get the error "Specified AD container partial distinguished name is

not valid". I am sure I need to enumerate our active directory structure out further but have been unable to figure this out or find any answers. An example would be our domain is ABC. We then have an OU under it where we keep all of our computers accounts called ABC Workstations. This is further broke down into OU's like IT. How would I enter this IT OU into View manager so that the linked clones would be placed in the IT OU? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
knudt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

When putting in the OU string, you need to enumerate the structure backwards. Given your example: OU=IT,OU=ABC Workstations

If you find this or any other post helpful, please award points. Also mark thread as answered if question was answered successfully.

Brian Knudtson

vExpert, VCP, VAC

~If you find this or any other post helpful, please award points. Also mark thread as answered if question was answered successfully.~ Brian Knudtson vExpert, VCP, VCAP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
knudt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

When putting in the OU string, you need to enumerate the structure backwards. Given your example: OU=IT,OU=ABC Workstations

If you find this or any other post helpful, please award points. Also mark thread as answered if question was answered successfully.

Brian Knudtson

vExpert, VCP, VAC

~If you find this or any other post helpful, please award points. Also mark thread as answered if question was answered successfully.~ Brian Knudtson vExpert, VCP, VCAP
0 Kudos
Bart_Verbruggen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You must only limit the string to the OU. Do not include the DC entries.

Bart

If you find this or any other post helpful, please award points. Also mark thread as answered if question was answered successfully

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks! Bart