VMware Horizon Community
dborgill
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Linked Clones/Persona - View 5.0.1? 5.1? 5.1.1? 5.1.3? 5.2?

I am working on a Linked Clone/Persona Management issue on View 5.0.1 -- I don't know if I am the only one underwhelmed with the constant and confusing versioning presented as of late. I saw that View Horizon 5.2 was released March 4 yet View 5.1.3 was just released Mar 14. Which version is most stable for linked clones/persona management?

I have a simple pool of Linked Clones with Persona Management enabled locally. I've got it working in other environments but this particular one is inconsistent with saving favorites, printers and Outlook .PST

I can upload further information if anyone wants to take a crack at it. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

VMware VIew Horizion 5.2 is the latest version of View and View 5.1.3 is a maintenance release designed to correct issues with View 5.1 

0 Kudos
dborgill
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's great -- The issue I am facing is that in my test lab, the basic Persona Management works just fine. If I go into this environment, I go to the UNC path and a profile folder is created but nothing is in it. I checked the permissions in that folder and the user and administrators have rights.

0 Kudos