VMware Horizon Community
StillLearning20
Contributor
Contributor

Linked Clone Pools

I have 8 linked clone pools w/ 6 - 13 vm's in each.  2 of the Pools are not getting the correct drive labels.  Each of the Pool vm's get: Windows (C:) /  Profile (D:) / Temp (E:).  The problem pools are getting:  Windows (C:) / UserData (D:) / SystemDisposableDisk (E:).

This issue is causing the network drive mappings that start with (F:) to start with (G:) instead.   If anyone has ever experienced this I'd really appreciate some direction.  I have checked (VMKB 1030108) that these setting are correct.

Thanks is advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
btkrausen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just a thought but does the master image of the problem pools have a CD added, possibly getting the drive letter you want assigned to your other disks?

vExpert 2014 & 2015, VCAP-DCA, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, VCP4, VCP3, CCNA, MCSA, MCTS, MCDST, A+, Net+, Sec+
0 Kudos
StillLearning20
Contributor
Contributor

Yes - All pools have CD's.  In my troubleshooting I've made the following change with no difference in this problem.

Normal Pool = Persistent Drive 😧 / Disposable Disk Auto   Master Image has CD/DVD (D:)

Adjustments = Persistent Drive 😧 / Disposable Disk E:    Master Image has CD/DVD (B:)   My hope was to change the Master CD drive to B: so as not to conflict with the D drive (Persistent Disk) and Force the pools Disposable Disk to E: from Auto, but after recomposing these changes, the drive labels are still an issue.

Another question on the VM settings.  Each VM has 4 harddisks when you edit the settings.  Does that 'order' in the list matter?  As an example: All Pool have the following - Disk1 = checkpoint / Disk2 = Disposable (4GB) / Disk3 = User (2GB) Disk4 = 20mb

Disk3 should match up with the E drive / Disk2 should match up with the D drive.  However:  Some pools list the order as 1,2,3,4 while other list as 2,3,4,1 and my problem pool list them as 2,3,4,cd/dvd, 1  (Does the order they are listed matter?)

Thanks again in advance for your advise.

0 Kudos