VMware Horizon Community
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Linked-Clone Pool Recompose Problem

VMware View 7.0.1, UEM 9.0, and App Volumes 2.11

I have several linked - cloned pools that I have created.  There isn't an issue with creating the pools, but I have an issue with recomposing them.  Customization times out and I get an error that the machines can't join the domain.  The account that is used to connect to the domain is okay.  I have the box checked to allow reuse of pre-existing computer accounts, I'm pointing to the new snapshot, and I don't know what else might make a difference.

I would appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Check and see the following article.

There is an issue with VMWare and the way it sees a new NIC in the virtual machine when you use cloning.

Provisioning View desktops fails due to customization timeout errors (2007319) | VMware KB

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2550978 is the link for the patch that you need when using W7 SP1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Check and see the following article.

There is an issue with VMWare and the way it sees a new NIC in the virtual machine when you use cloning.

Provisioning View desktops fails due to customization timeout errors (2007319) | VMware KB

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2550978 is the link for the patch that you need when using W7 SP1.

0 Kudos
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have tried this and I am getting a message that it is not applicable.  I have not installed the update.  I have tried installing as an administrator through the command prompt.

0 Kudos
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ray,

I had to build a new template to resolve this issue.  It appears that there is an update in one of the cumulative updates that prevented the install of KB2550978.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I wanted to add an addendum to this.  Besides the KB that Ray mentioned, we needed our virtual machines in the same AD site as our AD servers, composer server, and the connection and security servers.

0 Kudos