VMware Horizon Community
tfapps
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Linked Clone Desktop Deployment

OK, this maybe a really stupid question but I can't seem to find anything relevant in the Admin guide. I just started testing linked clone automated desktop pool. Is there a way to proviosion desktops as needed or do they all have to be provisioned at the time of pool creation?

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No, when you are creating the pool under the Automated Provisioning Settings you will see an item that says Advanced Options. You can use this to set the minimum number of machines provisioned, the maximum number of machines for the pool and the number that should always be available.

So, a 3 min, 10 total, 2 available would create three VMs immediately, as soon as the first two were logged into a fourth would be created to adhere to the 2 available. This would happen in sequence until you reached 10 total desktops in which case you would be full.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tfapps
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Still not really getting the recomended way of deploying desktops. Seems I have to run through the resoure pool setup and add one desktop to the configuraion every time. Is this correct? Anyone.

0 Kudos
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No, when you are creating the pool under the Automated Provisioning Settings you will see an item that says Advanced Options. You can use this to set the minimum number of machines provisioned, the maximum number of machines for the pool and the number that should always be available.

So, a 3 min, 10 total, 2 available would create three VMs immediately, as soon as the first two were logged into a fourth would be created to adhere to the 2 available. This would happen in sequence until you reached 10 total desktops in which case you would be full.

0 Kudos
tfapps
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok thanks.

0 Kudos